Here are the pictures from my surgery on June 26th, 2014. The procedure began at 7:30am, and ended around 3pm.
1. Nurse with the tools which will be used during surgery
2. Moving me to the Surgical Table 1 of 2
3. Moving me to the Surgical Table 2 of 2
4. Nurse and Prep 2
5. Moved to the Surgical Table
6. Chest inflated.Please note that is my inflated chest, not my behind. Note my face and arms.
7. Chest and Surgical Area prepped:
8. First Incision
9. Cutting through my belly fat.
10. Cutting through the abdominal Wall
11. Surgeons and Clamps hard at work
12. Last Incisions before accessing the liver directly.
13. Last Incisions before accessing the liver directly.
14. Surgical Team examining the open abdomen.
15. Surgical team surveying the Liver Landscape.
16. Bisecting the Liver begins.
17. Slicing down the middle of the two lobes.
18. A New Hope for my mother. The portion of liver being removed will become my mother’s full liver.
19. Liver Donation tag-out. Dr. Roberts tags out with the new portion of liver.
20. Prepping, cleaning, examining the portion of donation liver.
21. More wash/prep.
22. Tying up loose ends, closing me up.
23. Healthy Liver, ready for transplant.
24. Sewing up my abdominal wall.
25. A few more stitches here and there.
Click here to See pictures from my Mother’s Surgery.