Add value to business operations through my extensive communications and information system technology skills.
May 2008 to Present - University of California Office of the President, Oakland, CA
Technical Support Analyst II (Information Resources and Computing)
- Provide enterprise-level desktop and network support across 5 buildings, supporting up to 1400 users and computers.
- Implementation, support, and end user training for data-enabled wireless devices.
- Provide comprehensive, friendly, and efficient help desk services including phone support, remote assistance, and user training.
- Provide coordination and documentation for Company-wide projects.
- Provide expedient, friendly customer service and support for multiple divisions.
- Support and coordinate Bi-Monthly Board of Regents and Communications events.
- Provide top-teir technical support to division's senior executives and managers.
- Consult for personal and strategic purchasing, evaluation, support, inventory, and implementation of computer equipment.
2004 to April 2008 - University of California Office of the President, Oakland, CA
IT Manager (University Affairs)
- Provided direct technical support to division's senior executives and managers.
- Consulted for personal and strategic purchasing, evaluation, support, inventory, and implementation of computer equipment.
- Built, maintained, and supported of the Division's IT environment, including vertical and horizontal integration of Hardware and Software.
- Provided oversight and management of regional IT projects, including a full Press Office in various University of California campuses 6 times a year.
- Administered Linux-based CommuniGate e-mail server running IMAP, POP, RPOP, SMTP and MAPI.
- Administered Windows-based File services, Active Directory, LDAP.
- Managed E-mail Listserv for communications based e-mail.
- Administered Windows-based specialty services, Apache, MySQL, OpenSSL, FTP, VPN, Services for Communications Office.
- Coordinated Anti-Virus, Patch Management, and workstation management services.
- Maintained disaster recovery processes for servers and workstations.
- Administered multiple wireless networks, Wireless Broadband and Data-enabled Smart Communications Devices (Blackberry, Treo, Blackjack).
- Worked closely with UC executives, media, Governmental relations groups and UC technical professionals on a variety of collaborative projects.
- Assisted UCOP employees with learning proper accounting of travel, purchasing, and reimbursement expenses.
2001 to 2004 - University of California Office of the President, Oakland, CA
Web Specialist (Strategic Communications)
- Created portal system design and content for the 12 separate campuses of the U.C. system. (http://www.ucforcalifornia.org)
- Set up and administered web chats between the UC President and various academic and public audiences.
- Established a secure, web-based events-registration system, writing a variety of PHP scripts, setting up MySQL tables and testing web forms for validity.
- Governed content and designs for over 30,000 legacy HTML, content-sensitive web documents.
- Established design and accessibility standards for Web Development as part of a system-wide set of standards.
- Collaborated with an established web development team.
- Contributed to the development and launch of a new web project (http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/).
- Increased efficiency of the web development process through use of CSS and scripting standards.
- Received departmental recognition and incentive award for outstanding performance.